Dockside Brewery, is eager to fill you in on the wonderful opportunities brewing. Over the last few months, we have done multiple tastings with excellent feedback. One tasting was with a very popular restaurant and bar located in downtown Savannah. The restaurant wants to exclusively, carry all six of our main lineup and a seasonal. But that’s not all, they also want to contract us to make them one or two beers to call their own. While these beers would have the restaurant’s labeling, we would have credits for brewing on the packaging and get royalties off of distribution sales. The tastings we speak of yielded great results. We gave each taster a scoring card with a comment box and area to judge on:
- Appearance (10 points)
- Smell (10 points)
- Taste (30 points)
- After Taste (20 points)
- Drinkability (30 points)
- Total (the total of each score tallied with up to a possible 100 points)
The average score for each beer tested is listed below with a few standout comments for each:
Average Score: 86.88
- Light, crisp on the top of the tongue. Clean after taste.
- Very drinkable without being to citrusy.
- Going to be a Savannah favorite.
- Lemony and delicious.
- Love the light finish and citrus smell.
Average Score: 76.88
- The nose is a little weak for a hoppy beer but has a strong front taste. The citrus notes are enjoyable.
- More drinkable than any IPA I have ever had.
- Tastes the way an English Pub Ale should!
- I love this beer.
Average Score: 81.23
- Great caramel taste. Flavorful and inviting. Perfect for a novice craft beer drinker.
- Different in a good way. Great tasting.
- Clean and tasty.
- I have a new favorite beer.
- Amazing smell.
Average Score: 85.41
- This is a great beer! I love the hops! The after taste is a total treat. Well done!
- Excellent! Hoppy but smooth. You would never guess from drinking it that it was a high alcohol beer. Very well crafted
- Very good taste. Very drinkable for an Imperial IPA.
- Best yet!
- God what a great beer.
- Can I have 5 more, please.
- Beautiful color.
- Great finish. Hoppy but not overdone. Very smooth. I think everyone will love this beer.
Average Score: 87.52
- I enjoy the coffee scent. Has a full taste, just as you would expect from a stout.
- It is like an adult chocolate milk.
- Stouts are my favorite style of beer and this is the best I’VE EVER HAD!
- I love it. Very sweet but very good. Not a huge fan but this is delicious.
- I want to give this beer extra credit.
- This beer is so yummy!
- Love it but couldn’t drink it all night or I would have to go on a diet.
- Great beer! Good drinkability but a little heavy.
- I only have two words for this beer “Fucking Brilliant”!
Average Score: 87.11
- Spicy smell, I love that! This is a beer for the adventurous. Hits the back of your throat but in a good way.
- Very interesting I am sure it will have a cult following.
- I have to give it an A+ for uniqueness.
- Most unique beer I’ve ever tasted.
- Simply Great!
- Great but a little weird!
- Very good, wonderfully smooth with a radical flavor
- Absolutely the best beer I have ever had.
- Too hot for me but great.
- Awesome beer!
- When can I get this beer on tap?
As you can see, our main line up is a true success. It should be noted that when our tasters were asked which of our beers they liked best there was not one that was not someone’s favorite. We are looking forward to the Savannah Brew Festival, which is only a month away. We are still looking for investors to keep moving our product out the door and into a bar, restaurant, or store near you. Become a member of the Dockside Brewery family and take a chance on us, we won’t disappoint.
CEO – Dockside Brewery Inc.